CAT PROJECT – BANKSETA, IOBSA AND CHARTALL BUSINESS COLLEGE
25 August 2013
BANKSETA is currently funding a project aimed at recognizing competence of individuals against either of the following two banking qualifications:
- Further Education & Training Certificate (FETC) NQF 4: Banking (SAQA ID 20185); Or
- National Certificate (NC) NQF 5: Banking (SAQA ID 61589).
FUNDING PROVIDED BY BANKSETA
Because the project is being funded, candidates do not have to pay for the process required to gain recognition against these two qualifications. The qualification selected will be achieved through recognition of prior learning (RPL). No formal training will be offered.
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS INVOLVE?
The process entails three broad phases:
- Phase 1: CAT analysis to determine whether individual qualifies for exemptions. To initiate this phase, the individual contacts Chartall Business College and completes the necessary forms to determine whether they would qualify for exemptions. Once this phase is complete, the individual is able to continue to phase 2.
- Phase 2: Application to participate in the process through completing the BANKSETA RPL Nomination Form and ensuring that the individual has access to the internet and also has their own unique email address. Once these applications are received and are reviewed by Chartall Business College, the individual will be contacted with the details of the requirements for next steps in the process. Recognition of prior learning (RPL) for existing competence demonstrated against the unit standards contained in the qualification for which they are applying. If the candidate is able to demonstrate competence against the full qualification, they will be assessed and certificated. These fully competent individuals do not need to proceed to phase 3; and,
- Phase 3: Top up training for the unit standards and qualification for which they are aiming to gain recognition. More information is provided about this process in the BANKSETA CAT and RPL Project Frequently Asked Questions document.
For further information, please contact Chartall Business College at CATproject@chartall.co.za.