The IOBSA has introduced a new policy which will allow members to move up the designation ladder.
This is a new process and is intended to recognise service and other attainments of a less formal nature for the purpose of equating it to an NQF level designation.
There is an important fact which however, needs to be borne in mind. Upgrading your designation to the next level does not provide the member with an NQF qualification at the higher level.
The IOBSA only offers designations and not qualifications. If you wish to try to improve your NQF qualification this can only be done via an institution of higher learning and will then need to comply with their processes,
Our process is removed from that of an Institution of higher learning.
How does the process work:
- We require the applicant to be a current member of the Institute.
- They need to email us to apply for the process and supply the necessary documentation which will include proof of all courses attended and also a detailed cv.
- Payment of R250 (VAT excl) needs to be made prior to the process commencing as this is the Assessor evaluation fee.
- Once the member has been advised that they do qualify a formal assessment interview will be arranged
- If this is successful a fee of R1000 (excl VAT) together with the once off designation fee needs to be paid prior to the new designation being awarded formally. The new designation will then also appear on the SAQA website.
- Members can apply for the designation which is one level above what they currently hold. However, over time they can then apply for other higher designations.
- Members are measured according to the competencies for each designation level, in both the initial assessment process and during the oral Assessment. The assessment is undertaken by a registered Assessor and overseen by a Moderator.
- The only designation which falls outside of this policy is that of FIBSA
For further information contact Juan at the IOBSA on: email@example.com or contact the CEO
Information on the competencies which relate to each designation level are attachedASSOCIATE OF THE INSTITUTE OF BANKERS Competencies PROFESSIONAL BANKER competencies THE CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE OF THE INSTITUTE OF BANKERS Competencies LICENTIATE IN BANKINGPROFESSIONAL BANKER competenciesTHE CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE OF THE INSTITUTE OF BANKERS CompetenciesLICENTIATE IN BANKING