Our Vision, Motto, Mission, and Values
IOBSA – VISION
Leading the development of Financial Services Professionals through global relevance
BUILDING PROFESSIONAL CAPITAL
IOBSA – MISSION
To be the gateway to Professional Excellence through:
- Providing a professional and ethical development platform for our members and the sector
- Enhancing sector skills through lifelong learning programmes
- Creation of the professional banker designations, endorsed by banks
- Recognising the diversity of careers through the creation of multiple routes to Chartered /Professional Banker status
- Partnering with international bodies to create value locally
The IOBSA has a respectable history as the second oldest Institute of Banking in the world and was established in 1904.
The Institute has a history and relationship with the banking and financial services sector spanning 110 years.
The constitution states (1999:3)
“Its main objective has been the promotion of efficiency through education and continuing professional development in the banking industry in general and of its members in particular.
It sought to do this by the dissemination of knowledge on the theory and practice of banking and by conducting examinations and other educational activities.”
Latest IOBSA News, Events & Articles
Notice is hereby given of the 114th Annual General Meeting of The Institute of Bankers in South Africa NPC (Non…Read more...
Board Notice 194 0f 2017, published by the Financial Services Board, now called the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). introduced…Read more...
The IOBSA has introduced a new policy which will allow members to move up the designation ladder. This is a…Read more...
Bankers have to be more innovative amid improving economic and political conditions 13 MARCH 2018 – 06:43 SPONSORED Picture: 123RF/FLYNT…Read more...